The book series Philosophy for outsiders is a collaboration between the philosopher Maite Larrauri and the artist Max.
Just like painting is not just directed at painters, nor music just to music experts, so philosophy is not just for connoisseurs. Philosophy is also for outsiders. The book series “Philosophy for outsiders” aims to facilitate access to the philosophy of some authors, not by explaining their lives nor summarizing their theories, but rather by offering, for each one of them, a key to reading them.
The book series is published by Fronterad, and has ten titles. The paper version is only available in Spanish, but the ebook version contains both Spanish and English texts. The book series is made up of the following:
- Desire according to Gilles Deleuze – buy it now! (ebook only)
- Creation according to Bergson – buy it now! (ebook only)
- Happiness according to Spinoza – buy it now! (ebook only)
- Freedom according to Hannah Arendt – buy it now! (ebook only)
- Friendship according to Epicuro – coming soon
- War according to Simone Weil – coming soon
- Education according to Dewey – coming soon
- Power according to Nietzsche – coming soon
- Exercise according to Marco-Aurelio – coming soon
- Sexuality according to Michel Foucault – coming soon